Let’s take the Geek Soul Brother time machine back to when you were a kid. You get your snacks. You turn off the lights so that only the glare of the TV fills the room. You turn to the right channel and there you see it, that scary show that you watch every week. Maybe your parents went to bed. Maybe your alone or sitting on the couch with your siblings. Either way, the opening to your favorite creepy show tells you that you are about to be in for a scare. Here are Ten Scary Openings to some of television’s scariest Horror Shows that put a little chill in your spine.
1. CHILLER THEATER 61′ A little before my time, but I remember all the movie clips they featured. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXjHvhpRQ8U&feature=related]
2. TWILIGHT ZONE – I think it was the fake eye slowly opening that did it. And what’s with the wooden sculpting doll with the bad hair day. This wasn’t the first intro Twilight Zone had made, but it seemed the most weird. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lordk1Kz2gc&feature=related]
3. OUTER LIMITS – It’s as if the narrator came out of George Orwell’s 1984. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtjhWhw2I8]
4. TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE – With different music, you would have thought the first part of this was a travel commercial for a Spring Get-A-Way. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-NMlfa5Aw]
5. MONSTERS – Cyclops children will always get to you. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahzBC-YwIAQ&feature=related]