Like most bloggers being new to the game, I wondered if anyone would actually read my posts, besides my friends. But it looks like, after almost a year of it, I have readers out there that appreciate my random thoughts and quirky love of all things sci-fi, fantasy and horror.
And because of one person in particular, I have received the illustrious 7 x 7 Award. I am honored and humbly accept this award. But to officially accept it, I must do the following (and if nominated you can do this too):
1. Thank the person that gave it to me.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Share seven of my worthy posts under the following headers: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated and Most Pride Worthy.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers and notify them.
Let me start off by thanking Adam B. at Eat, Sleep, Television (that’s eatsleeptelevision.wordpress.com). Brother Adam has been commenting and supporting Geek Soul Brother for a minute. His own blog is energetic, and he really gives you the low-down on what’s happening within that magical screen in your living room. Thank you Adam for the 7 x 7 Link Award, and giving a brother some serious cool points.
So, Seven Random Facts about Geek Soul Brother… hmmm…
1. I not only dream in color, but also in the upper frequencies of the light spectrum.
2. Looking at me, you would be surprised to know that I have a Black Belt.
3. I can sing the Soul Glo song from Coming To America, even the high note.
4. I got a chemistry kit when I was 10 years old, an electronics kit when I was 11 and a telescope when I was 13. I loved all those gifts, but I was doomed to be a geek from the start.
5. I still have that childhood dream of flying with home made wings. Of course it was impossible decades ago, but who knows with computer aided biotechnology. I’m sure it would be better than my cardboard wings I made as a kid.
6. My superhero weakness is getting into the slowest shopping line at the store… every time. And choosing the shopping cart with the bad wheel… every time.
7. I was horrible at writing and reading as a kid, which is why this award, and the people who support Geek Soul Brother are so appreciated by me. Thanks again Adam.
Seven Geek Soul Brother Posts:
Most Beautiful - Why Geeks Love Female Heroes!
Most Helpful - The Nerd Couch: The Physics Of Fear
Most Popular - TEN MEMORABLE HENCHMEN (And I have no idea Why)
Most Controversial - X-Men: First Class – Offensive or Just a Period Piece?
Most Surprisingly Successful - GSB’s Flashback Fridays: COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT (I guess people DO like the classics)
Most Underrated - 10 Reasons Why I Love FRINGE - Because everybody should be watching Fringe.
Most Pride Worthy - Black Soul Brothers of Sci-Fi - I’m proud of this one because many people think there are not that many man of African decent (Black Soul Brothers) in Science Fiction. I was surprised at how many brothers I came up with.
And Now for My Nominations:
1. Small Screen Sadie – My goto for the word on the Walking Dead.
2. Fluffrick – Great sense of humor and thoughtful commentary, and another faithful brother of GSB.
3. Chicquero – Always a great source for imaginative, strange, unique, compelling and artistic photographs; from the bizarre to the fashion-centric to arresting nudes.
4. Fister Roboto and Left handed Horror – Horror served freshly sliced and diced every day.
5. Girls-Gone-Geek – My life line to the female take on comics and pop culture.
6. Coffee Stains and Eye Crust – My friend and artistic mentor. It’s still a young blog but it has potential for young artist.
7. Sidebar Nation – Bringing Interesting Comic artists and fantasy illustrators to the table. Their podcast interviews are great too.
If you decide to accept this award, just follow the top instructions. Thanks again Adam, and keep writing.